Happy to Stitch

Happy to Stitch
Stitching Again

Saturday, February 20, 2010

New Project Finally Started

  Well it finally happened. I finally started that new project. No, it's not a "new" just released project but it has resided in my stash for far too long. I decided to start Shepherd's Bush French Heart. I wanted something simple and not too time consuming since Autumn at Hawks Run Hollow is going to be released. The minute my LNS calls to say it's in, I'm sooo there! I really love to stitch autumn themed projects but French Heart will certainly work for right now. Here in Colorado, it has been cold and pretty snowy this week. The beautiful green and rose and butter shades help to remind me that spring is not far off. Just not here today.
  Today has also been a big day here at the house. This morning our youngest, Dominic, took his driver's permit test. Yup, I have one more teenage driver to educate and survive! Oiy! Nic will turn 15 this Tuesday so needless to say, he is very fired up. As much as I have not really enjoyed teaching the kids to drive, I am having a bit of sadness creep in when I think about the fact that he is the last. I don't know where the time has gone. Seems not so long ago that I was dragging him to all of the LNS and everyone just beamed when he would come in because he actually liked to go see everyone. He was and is still such an easy going personality.
  Changing days to tomorrow, I am planning on boxing up the donations I have put together from my stash to send to Haiti by Hand. I have collected more that I ever will stitch or quilt so I know the ladies down there will put them to good use. In the mail they will go on Monday. Well, I think that covers it for today. I hope this blog finds you all well and warm, until next time, TTFN

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh, I love that design! It was one of my favorite stitches ever! So soft and delicate and the little shoe button just put it over the top for me! Enjoy it!

    I know exactly how you feel about your son...I've felt the same way with my baby girl. She'll be 22 this year...hard to believe she's the baby of the three kids of ours.
    Hmm, guess it has to happen though, right?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete