Happy to Stitch

Happy to Stitch
Stitching Again

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Finally settling in

 Well here it is almost  the end of January and only now am I finding my new groove. Every January means National Western Stock Show for my family. I become a single parent for 2 1/2 weeks. I really do love stock show but towards the end I am always glad to have my spouse back around. The boys have been a ton of help with keeping up with the animals but it's just not the same without Dad. I think the horses know he's gone because they like to see what the rules are going to be for the first few days. I have heard people say horses are dumb but I think people who say that have never spent much time around them. My big paint, Levi, is too smart for his own good. He has decided that he should be in the pasture this week so he has opened every gate to let himself and his "brothers" out. Well, we tied the gates shut so he couldn't flip the latches so what'd he do? Jumped out over the fence! Then stood there like, well now what. Levi and I have since come to an understanding, I will open the gates and he will not jump the fence. I swear, they are just like 1100 pound dogs sometimes! LOL!
 In addition to Stock Show, I have taken on an added position at my job. I am really excited to take on the challenge, but I work in a very male dominated field and the response hasn't been very warm regarding a "girl" coming into their world any farther than I already have. The men I work with are all very nice and we have had a good working relationship but things have been different the last couple of weeks. Oh well right? They can just get over it.
 I am certainly ready to start my next project. I just haven't quite decided which one I'm going to start but after this weekend look out! Stitch Butt here I come! I picked up Coffin Buzz last night from the framer's and I just love the way it turned out!
 Well I think that about covers it for now. Until next time, TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment