Happy to Stitch

Happy to Stitch
Stitching Again

Monday, September 7, 2009

Lots of progress this week!

  This week was a great one for stitching! I really had a ton of fun working on Santa. I'm not completely sure why but whatever the reason, I made tons of progress. Iwas so pleased when I compared last week's picture to this one. I guess with the pace of my household this much progess in one week was a major victory. I haven't been able to get a great close up of him but trust me when I say he is nothing but blends and color changes. My husband  has started buzzing around my chair and I can tell he is getting anxious for me to finish him. This morning he said "I can wait to get him up for the holidays". Hint hint.  But hey, I'm ready to finish him up too!
  This coming week is crazy busy but I am really excited for Friday to get here. Besides being the end of the work week, my DH and I have a party to attend. We don't very often have reason to dress up formally but on Friday we have just such an occasion. So, this afternoon my daughter Gabrielle and I went out dress shopping. It took a little while but we finally found the perfect little black dress. I remember when dress shopping wasn't so scary! Geez! But thanks to her perserverence, we found just the right one.
  I went on Saturday to my LNS and had so much fun! In my picture you can see a small  box in my new picture with pumpkins on it. It's a needle holder from Just Nan. I have such a total weakness for all things fall. This is my most favorite time of the year. I love the colors and the smells that come with it. Any way, I also picked up the new Sleepy Hollow sampler from Glendon designs and Miribilia's new design Shakespear's Fairies. Now I do realize that I have more than a few things in my stash but I just couldn't say no. Besides, I live pretty far from my LNS and don't get in very often so I try to make my trips in count. And count they did!
  Well, I think that covers it for this week. Happy stiching until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment