Happy to Stitch

Happy to Stitch
Stitching Again

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Slowly but surely making progress!

Just got back home from a night away with my husband. We finally got to celebrate our 21st anniversary which was a couple of weeks ago. We travel about an hour south of home to Manatou Springs. We stayed a great turn of the century bed and breakfast called Victorian Keep. What a great old house! The house was built in 1908 and sits next to Fountain Creek. The details that they used to put into a home are just wonderful! I especially love the mouldings, 6 inch base boards with wonderful carvings. The fireplace surround that was in our room was great as well. I really think I was born in the wrong century. I wish the walls of some of the old places we have visited over the years could talk. I would love to know who the craftsmen were who spent the time creating them. It's a lot like sampler stitching. So many hours spent creating things that mean something to us and yet so often the story is lost and all you are left with is a picture to wonder about.

Well I have added a new picture of my Santa. Sorry about the blurriness of it. I just couldn't get it quite right this time. Oh well, I will keep trying. I hope to get much more stitching done this week. My oldest daughter and Mr. Humphrey are headed back to school tomorrow. She is taking a couple of summer classes to try to finish up a semester early. This means I will have my stitching chair all to myself again. I will miss the little bugger though.

No comments:

Post a Comment