Happy to Stitch

Happy to Stitch
Stitching Again

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Stitching again

  Hey there! We survived and had a great time! Yup, the wedding was a ton of fun and a lot of very happy memories were made. My girl just beamed! So needless to say that made all of the hard work more than worth it. About a week after the wedding, my husband and I stopped into the restaurant where our now son-in-law works. His manager came up to us and said, "I want you to plan my wedding." When I laughed and asked why, she replied, "that young man has not stopped glowing for a week! I want a wedding that is so happy it lasts that long too!" After she left the table, my husband said I think you may have found a new career. I don't think I'm ready for a new career just yet, but it was a very nice compliment. I will have some wedding photos to put up this weekend. The photographer said I should have them by Friday...I'm so excited to see them:) I did manage to take a couple with my camera before things got really busy. The picture at the top is of their wedding cake. The tiny topper you see was on Gianna's great great grandparents wedding cake when they were married on September 4, 1942. I think they would have gotten a kick to see her use it in her wedding.
  So this past weekend I made it over to my LNS and checked out some of the new releases. I was a little disappointed so I only came home with the new ornament issue. I just couldn't believe there wasn't anything exciting so I booted up the computer and visited a couple of shops that always have tons of new stuff on thier websites. Jackpot! Have you seen the new design called, Quaker Gone Spooky, by Michele Ink? OMG! Had to order it immediately! She has used partial Quaker motifs as the tombstones! I love super creative people! In the meantime, I am almost finished with, When Witches Go Riding. I don't know why I just kind of lost my momentum with this one. No good excuses, just did. But I'm super motivated to just finish it up and get on with a new project.

  Well, I think that covers it for now. I hope it's warm where this post finds you because it's down right chilly here in Colorado tonight. Until next time, TTFN!
 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a successful wedding! Many good wishes for the newlyweds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that the wedding went well. Much luck to them!!

    And I haven't seen Quaker Gone Spooky so I'll have to look for it, but I do love the one that you're working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that everything went well! I hope you'll share pictures when you can. Best wishes to the newlyweds for a very happy life together. Love the WIP!

    ReplyDelete