Happy to Stitch

Happy to Stitch
Stitching Again

Monday, May 28, 2012

Where did May go???

Good evening everyone! I hope this post finds you enjoying a nice evening and maybe even some stitching. Well, par for the course, life is hectic at best around here. So much going on with graduations and family in and out of town that I really don't know where May went. We have had terrible winds out here so the garden I started is ruined. So yesterday I headed back to the store to see if I could locate some more seeds and give this year's garden one more try. I found a few packages so I planted them tonight and we'll cross our fingers and hope they come up and have enough growing season to still mature and produce some thing. I'm hoping for pumpkins (of course:) and zucchini and eggplant. Vince and I staked panels of corrugated plexi around the garden in hopes of providing some kind of wind break. I guess time will tell.
  As far as stitching, not a lot going on. I did manage to send out two tops to be quilted. Those should be back in about three weeks. Last night I dug out a couple of projects to start back to work on. I haven't dug through my stash is quite some time so it ended up being like a home shopping trip! As my oldest daughter Gianna commented, " Geez Mom! Do you think you have enough stash!" I promptly reminded her that we had managed to fill her required thread list with one exception , so what's the point! LOL! Ok, maybe I have got a small stitch shop in my sewing room but hey, I can shop at eleven at night in my tank top and boxers :) I know I would receive a citation from local law enforcement if I tried that in public!
  I will endeavor to post fresh pictures next weekend of progress made. Until next time, TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've been busy! Hope you can replant your garden successfully -- seems like it's been windy in lots of places. And hey, it's important to have lots of stash, right? lol! I bet you can't wait for those quilt tops to come back from the quilters. :D

    ReplyDelete