Happy to Stitch

Happy to Stitch
Stitching Again

Friday, December 11, 2009

Finally Hanging on the Wall!

 Wow! Where has the time gone? I really did not mean for so much time to go by between updates but gosh here it is December 11th. I am very happy to report that the Santa has returned from the framer's and is  hanging on the wall with two others. I am very happy with the way he turned out. You'll have to let me know what you think. I have two other Santas I've stitched, one is Santa's Magic and the other is from Shepard's Bush. I need to stitch one more (have four kids=four Santas) but am not quite ready to begin a new one. I will say though, that I have discovered upon visiting my stash I have a facination with Santas. I really could have 20 children and each could have their own stitched version. Yikes, imagine the laundry! LOL!
 I have to confess that I am horribly behind in my Christmas shopping. Usually by now I am completely finished but not this year. I just can't seem to get on with it. I am going to really make the effort this weekend to get out there and move some gift wrapped mountains! Wish me luck!
 I have spent a little bit of time over the last few weeks surfing different blogs and have found some very inspirational  stitching going on all over the world. It is very exciting to see what others are working on and how different people interprete colors and desing to make a project their own. I wish I had tons more time to just stitch, maybe someday.
 Well that's it for now.
 Until later, TTFN!

3 comments:

  1. Your Santa is gorgeous...I love the frame, it`s perfect!

    I am headed out to Colorado on Monday...I will be soooo happy to finally be able to settle and unpack. I`ve been living out of suitcases for over a year now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great framed and on the wall. He definitely needed that "breathing room" rather than being hemmed in by the frame! Glad you stuck to your guns with the framer.

    Let's hope we are all bitten by the Christmas spirit this weekend. The end of quarter is so stressful I can't get into the mood for Christmas shopping.

    However, you go girl - move that wrapping mountain! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, what a beautiful Santa and perfect frame for him, it's just gorgeous!! WoW! I saw that molding one time when taking something in to be framed, it wouldn't work with what I had, but it was so gorgeous I vowed right then, to find something to stitch just for it!
    It's just the perfect thing for this Santa! Congratulations on such a good job!

    Good luck moving those gift wrapped mountains, lol! I think there will be a LOT of folks out this weekend, trying to do the same thing! The older we get, the faster these holidays sneak up on us!

    Merry Christmas!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete