Happy to Stitch

Happy to Stitch
Stitching Again

Monday, August 23, 2010

Santa's Progress

  Hey there! I am back home now and actually didn't have to spend the night at an airport! Given my last two trips, I am super happy about that!
  Here is a new picture of Santa. He is almost finished. This week I will stitch in the black bird and start filling in the crazy fur trim around his coat. I have still not come up with a finisher for him so any and all suggestions are appreciated:)
  Today the two college kids started back to school. I had a good laugh when my freshman called me in a panic to say he could not find his classroom let alone the building it was supposed to be in! I assurred him that there was a building there somewhere with his class in it. He just needed to breath and look at the map calmly. Sure enough, about 3 minutes later he called me back to say he had located the building and he was now ok. I just knew they didn't assign aclass  in a fictitious building just to torment in coming freshman, but if they did I might just understand! LOL!
  Not really much going on this week, FINALLY! I think both my hubby and I are ready for some quiet time. The last couple of months have just been crazy and non-stop going. I am also super excited to have fall right around the corner. I am not much of a summer person, too hot and hectic! I do love fall. Not to mention I have a serious turkey and pumpkin fetish! I know, weird right?! As soon as Santa is finished I have a Prairie Schooler sampler in mind for a quick stitch. Then, there is the quilt to get back to. I am converting Demitri's bedroom into a sewing room. He is moving out in two weeks and we don't need anymore extra bedrooms so I am claiming his as a sewing room. I have been looking into sewing machine cabinets but haven't decided on one yet. If anyone has owned one that they either loved or hated I would appreciate the feedback. I am looking at Koala cabinets but can't seem to find a local shop with one that I could actually go and look at. So I may end up just taking a leap of faith and ordering one in sight unseen.
  Well I think that covers it for now. Until next time, TTFN!
 

3 comments:

  1. Love your Santa!! Wow! :D My college kid doesn't start back to school till the middle of September, so I have to wait till then for more normalcy. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa is looking good! If you're almost finished does that mean you're going with my tactic and not stitching the background? It's white - it looks like snow - works for me.
    A couple of people I know have had their sewing stations built by local carpenters - something to think about as an additional alternative. I don't think they were terribly expensive as these are just folks like you and me.
    Hope to see you soon. In the meantime, have fun stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, what a fantastic Santa! Good for you. Good luck getting back to some normalcy. I hear you on that one--we need that here, too!

    ReplyDelete