Happy to Stitch

Happy to Stitch
Stitching Again

Monday, May 31, 2010

Back from the framer's

  Hello there and Happy Memorial Day! I am loving having the day off! Today is an gorgeous day here in Colorado. I mean it is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l! It is also a great day to tell you I picked up my sampler from the framer's. I really like the way it turned out. The room it's going in is very antique so I wanted a frame that would appear more vintage than the way Shepherd's Bush framed their model. What do you think?
  I also can tell you I started my new project...twice! I thought I had decided to stitch it on 32 count. So happily I go stitching away. About two hours into it I realize, I really hate the way it is looking. So after a cup of coffee, I decide to take out what I had put in and go digging through the serious stash of fabric to see what else I have. So, a day later I am stitching again, this time on 40 count lambswool. Certainly not my favorite fabric but I had it on hand and do like the color with the fibers in the design. It's just so darn stiff. I am super surprised at how much I am enjoying 40 count. I was sure I would go cross eyed but not so. I know this design is going to take awhile so I have picked out an "in between" design when I need it. I will share that one later on.
  Thank you to all of you who sent well wishes to Demitri. He thought it was pretty cool that people he/we don't formally know would wish him well. I keep telling my kids how small this world really is, maybe he will believe me now! Well, I think that's it for now. I'm headed back outside to soak up some more sun. Until next time, TTFN!

2 comments:

  1. I think the frame looks perfect with the sampler. You made a great choice.

    I've never stitched on 40ct, but your start looks very good!

    Enjoy the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great frame job! I like it a lot. Nice new start, too. I love 40 ct. I think it sounds more daunting than it really is.

    ReplyDelete